- Well, my debt counter for my credit card is now, albeit briefly, under $4k. Lord Willing, if all goes well, I will have this done and paid off by July. After that, my primary focus will be on paying off a car loan. But, the Lord has been helping me along the way so far, and I know he'll continue to do that going forward. Pray for me that all my debts get paid off really fast. I'm tired of owing the banksters.
AHAHAHAHAH!! Yeah, that one backfired on them. So, how are you enjoying your new jack booted gestapo school? Not so much fun anymore, now is it?
This is a good lineup of cartoons that really say it all. lol.0 Comments 0 Shares
- Karan Israel Johansen-Hillberg reacted to this. 0 Comments 0 Shares
- Meanwhile in Michigan.....0 Comments 0 Shares
- Okay, I have a prayer request for all of you and I need to know God's unquestioned will on this. Anyhow, here's the situation. My car has been having a LOT of issues of late. IE, it's been a dike with lots of proverbial leaks springing in it, and the termites are eating through it faster than I can plug the holes. Now, add into this the fact that I was told today that my car is now officially unfixable. The one part that I need to fix it is no longer made, nor has it been for at least the last 10 years. Literally nobody has it. Not even the after market people. And it's such a problem part that all of the spare parts that existed have already been used up, and finding one in a junk yard that works is unlikely.
So basically, at this point, all I can do is drive it until it dies. That's all I can do anymore. Now here's where the rub comes in. 1) I don't have the money to buy a new car. In fact, I've been living in a financial dumpster fire for the past year, and it doesn't seem to be letting up. IE, the money is going out almost faster than it's coming in. It's causing me to wear myself out with OT just to keep up. 2) because of the above the bank won't give me a lone. In fact, the last couple times I've talked with them they've laughed at me like Lex Luther.
3) The last several times I've tried to buy a new car, I've gotten flat out blocked. I mean, shut down hard. Of course, a lack of financing doesn't help either. 4) I hate debt, and especially car payments. I feel so vulnerable whenever I'm in debt like that. 5) It's going to blow my car insurance payments through the roof having to go back to full coverage again. Argh.
Now, with that said, I do have a few things in my favor. 1) God, obviously. 2) Every car I've ever had since I got saved has been better than the last one, so if God keeps the trend, my next car is going to be even more awesome than my last one. How that's possible, I have no idea given how great this car's been, but we'll have to wait and see. 3) I have a good job, so even though I'm struggling I could still afford a car payment, even though I despite being in debt, and hate car payments even more.
So, anyhow, having explained my circumstances, so that you better know how to pray, please pray over this for me. I need to know basically if I should stick with what I have and trust God to keep it running for a while longer until He says it's time to upgrade (if that day ever comes), or if I should step forward in faith and buy a new car. Or option 3 is to sit still until He brings my new car to me. I mean, my last three pretty much fell in my lap. So it's possible that #4 could as well. But I'm fully open to whatever God wants to do.Sharon Crachy reacted to this. 3 Comments 0 Shares